Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's Day post from Marshmallow's proud Papa

I figured what better time than Father’s Day to introduce myself and publish my very first blog post. As much as I’ve loved to write my entire life, I’ve always been more content as a spectator to these things. My favorites typically involved sports, business and, finance in some way: I Will Teach You To Be Rich, The Four Hour Workweek, and CNBC’s Darren Rovell’s Sports Biz just to name a few. I also love reading my good friend Alex Montoya’s blog – he has an amazing story to share and continues to inspire me and thousands of others every day.

However… the past couple weeks have been different. Much, much different. Instead of researching the best mutual funds to invest my 401k, I was researching the highest-rated car seats  and which jogging strollers might fit in the trunk of my tiny car. Instead of looking at pictures of a remote tropical island, imaging how the sand would feel between my toes as I sip a pina colada, I was looking at pictures of a blurry 3oz fetus and imagining how it will feel to walk her down the aisle someday. My favorite blog to read these days no longer involve giving insight on stocks, money, or athletes- but rather giving time-tested, wholesome advice for men fortunate to have a daughter: Life To Her Years.

I am only four months into this new role as expectant (and eventual) father, and  I already feel like a new man whose priorities are being revised as quickly as our little Marshmallow is growing.  I look forward to the months leading up to the due date (December 3rd) to prepare myself as best I can in all capacities: mentally, physically, emotionally, financially, and even spiritually. It’s gonna be the adventure of a lifetime.
Until next time,
Adam

1 comment: